It is confirmed that Chairman Ron M. Linton will head the Panel on Sedan-class and Vehicle Modernization to oversee the development of regulations to define the Sedan-class and process to implement the fleet modernization program. The other commissioners joining Chairman Linton on this panel are Ralph Burns and Anthony Muhammad.
The responsibilities of the panel include:
- Conducting a public hearing
- Meeting with DC City Council members and staff
- Holding on-going discussions with public vehicle-for-hire industry representatives
- Determining necessary regulations pertaining to driver compliance with the Clean Hands Act
- Reviewing the time table for the removal of older vehicles from service
- Considering possible restrictions on new vehicle registrations