Prior events can be viewed by changing the “Start Date” and selecting “Apply”
District of Columbia taxi rates effective June 1, 2013
- First 1/8 mile: $3.25
- Each additional 1/8 mile: $0.27
- Wait rate per hour: $35.00
- Wait time begins five (5) minutes after time of arrival at dispatch location.
- No wait time charged for premature response to a dispatch.
- Wait time charged while taxicab is stopped or slowed to less than ten (10) miles per hour for longer than sixty (60) seconds.
- Wait time charged for delays or stopovers at the direction of the passenger.
- Hourly Contract Rate
- $35.00 for the first one (1) hour or fraction thereof.
- $8.75 for each additional fifteen (15) minutes or fraction thereof.
- Taxicab passenger surcharge, twenty-five cents per trip $0.25
- Telephone Dispatch, two dollars $2.00
Additional passenger, one dollar $1.00
(regardless of the number of additional passengers)
- Declared Snow Emergency Fee, fifteen dollars $15.00
- Group or Shared Riding: as each passenger arrives at his or her destination fare due shall be paid by passenger(s) leaving the cab.
- Shared Riding Venues: Union Station, Verizon Center or Nationals Park or other locations designated by an administrative order of the Office of Taxicabs
- Airport Surcharge or toll paid: if any, amount charged shall be the same amount that was paid.
- Delivery Service (messenger service and parcel pick-up and delivery): same rate as single passenger unless vehicle hired by the hour