As a passenger you have the right to:
- See Driver’s Face Card with his Name and Number prominently displayed on the right side passenger’s visor.
- See the Rate Sheet from the Commission, in good condition, affixed to the rear door, rear vent window.
- Heat or Air Condition upon request and a comfortable, safe, clean, taxicab.
- Request driver make change for bills without your being charged for any stop necessary to make change. However, the driver can designate a currency limit by providing a notice, in plain view, of a limitation on making change.
- Be Directly driven to any destination in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
- Receive a Meter-Generated Receipt from the driver for trip taken
Acceptable practices and laws:
- Blank or handwritten receipts are not acceptable
- All Service Animals are transported free of charge
- Failure to pay is a crime punishable by law